Thursday, April 16, 2009

Freelancing....Freefalling...

I think I am close to a solution.

Now of course, my mind thinks of the wonderful Eddie Izzard skit where he's talking about Heimlich discovering his maneuver ("I hev discovered a manouuuveer...!") and I smile. I don't know if anyone reading this has ever listened to Eddie (some of you MUST have - his genius infiltrates like April rain...) but if you haven't, I would highly suggest going out and buying all of the things he's ever done, immediately. His comedy will brighten up your life.

Anyway, I digress.

My little brain is working overtime...scheming...coming up with a plan. I always have to have a plan. I write at least sixty words per minute - more if I'm on a roll or thinking of something, and thank goodness, because my mind is just whirring right now.

I figure this is how it's going to go: I have a couple of art commissions already set up. That's good. Additionally, I am already a freelancer on oDesk. Additionally, I think I will be setting up with elance.com as well. My office is almost completely sorted out - we even built the filing cabinet the other day - how exciting ey! My wonderful Dad is paying for a lovely website I can't use for lack of time. I have all of these resources at my disposal - I just need to make a break for it.

You know it's so exciting though! Okay, so the car insurance getting paid is a slight worry, as are all the other bills, but at the same time, I feel like I'm a POW trapped underground, looking out of the bars of my captivity at the edge of the compound and the thick jungle beyond that I might have a chance of fading into... I've been sawing through the bars ever so slowly with a nail file and it's taken me so long, but now, if I chose, I could pop out each of the bars and shimmy through on my belly while the guards are sleeping... I wouldn't have any food, that is true, but necessity breeds invention as they say, so perhaps...just perhaps...

There are so many things I want to do. There are so many ways I am inspired. I could explode if these chains weren't binding my body up. I could explode into a giant supernova of creativity. Pow! POW!! Creative writing allows me to use two exclamation marks, so I will.

Maybe soon, I can be the one running across the dusty ground of the camp, with my eyes on the dense undergrowth, adrenaline pounding in my arteries...hoping not to get shot down...

2 comments:

Rachele Stuart said...

Oh, Jay. I can't wait for you to make this break. It's going to be so good for you. With all the creativity you have, I can't wait to see what you do. It must be scary, but you are one of the bravest women I know. *hug*

Fireflyforever said...

As Eddie Izzard would say in his "Exchange" sketch... CHAMPAGNE!!! (I LURVE Eddie Izzard) ...I'm so excited by your Great Escape. I believe in you and in your capacity to grow great things from this change.